Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 4 of 33

When was the last time that you thought a small job would take a very little time - only to find out that it actually takes 93589034589485904 times longer than you thought it would? For me - that was today!

I went to our Bible camp to do the "Winter Shutdown" thinking that it may take me 2 hours at the most...... it actually took 10 hours (from the time I left the house till I returned). Drain the water system..... put anti-freeze in the sinks, etc..... fix door handles..... haul the canoes up the hill..... put away life jackets...... find all the basketballs that were lost in the trees.... round up the dehumidifiers to take home..... put the riding mower away...... on and on it went. Everywhere I looked, I saw another thing that had to be done.

Now I am not bragging or complaining (it was actually sort of fun to be out there alone - normally there are 09435093486908469 people out there - it is a very different place when you are there alone) - I am just saying that the next time you think sometime is just going to take a few hours - maybe triple it - just in case! :)

No comments: