
Overall grade for the guys: B (Good show... they tried hard)
Overall grade for the crowd: D minus.... bordering on an "F" (I hate going to concerts with Canadians... a bunch of "sit on their hands do nothings!" Cheer.... Whoop.... Keep time with the music.... CLAP AT LEAST!!!! YOU AREN'T DEAD!!!! Though.... granted.... some in the crowd were near to it.... they could see the cliff clearly - if you know what I mean) :)
Material (for the guys): C... maybe a "B" (I was getting sort of "Musical genre whiplash" as they bounced from traditional stuff to modern and back again. As well, I would have liked them to do more Irish songs - forget the modern stuff - and toss in a happy one once in a while - would that kill ya????)
Material (Band): A + (I loved the band.... played some reels... tin flute, mandolins, harps, the violin girl danced while she played - super impressive - would liked to have heard more from them)
Crowd size: B (Much better than I expected.... good turn out)
Stage: A (Very cool! Big Celtic cross in the middle... lots of fog and lights, etc. Very professional)
Number of songs: A (One song ended, the next started. Got to hear lots of stuff. Sort of missed some of the "This song was written when I was ..... " sort of stuff - I like that - but on the other hand, we paid to hear them sing, not talk - though with their accents I am sure the girls would have paid to hear them talk too - so it was nice to roll through a ton of songs)
Overall.... a really good night out with my girls! Super nice memory! I had tons of fun (even if the grades are low in some areas... I enjoyed it. I just would have had more fun if they had done things differently in a few places).
The girls (all three) loved having the good looking Irish boys singing to them.... especially at the end when they wore their kilts! All night long, I kept hearing "Ooooohhh" from the three of them.
Our seats were on the floor and in the 4th row - so they were good.
Slightly expensive.... but well worth the money. It was a nice night out with great musicians and some impressive singers. A more "into it" crowd would have helped a lot but it was fun none the less.
Overall grade: B
If you were there, tell me what you thought. If you get I chance to see them, I would say "go".
Now looking forward to seeing "Great Big Sea" - that should be a more lively concert! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment