Monday, September 16, 2013

Random facts, Quiz answer and .... something (Blog 7 of 30)

From the random facts file.....

1.  Did you know that a Honda CBR1000RR sport bike can hit 100 mph in third gear.... and that it still has three gears left after that????  What????  Who needs that sort sort of speed on public roads???  It can also do 0-60 mph in 2.9 seconds.  (I am not sure why anyone would need something like that, but it sounds fun, no?)  - Courtesy of "Twist the Throttle" - a TV show I was just watching.

2.  Did you know that at one time you could eat Montana license plates???  During the war years when metal was scarce, the green Montana plates were made from soy beans.  Ranchers often lost their plates to hungry cows (true story.... I just read that it in the "Prairies North Magazine"
____
Quiz answer:  Several people - both public and privately - guessed the answer to my "What did we like in the Celtic Thunder video/know your Pippus'" test..... the girls liked the bass singing boy and I liked the girl in the long dress playing the fiddle/violin.  Who can resist a violin??????
__________
And here is the "something" part....

One of Katie's classes was given an assignment to re-write our national anthem..... so her group decided to rap it. 

Why three of the absolutely whitest girls I know would choose to rap anything is beyond me..... but "A" for effort, creativity, bravery, giving it a shot, being who you are.... and an "A+" for silliness.  Have a look for yourself.  :) 

You can grade them in the comments section below... Katie is on the left of the screen.

No comments: