You may remember that a few weeks ago I ranted about how, if you believed all the studies, everything is cancer causing and everything is bad for you..... including household dust (to review that rant, click here).
Today I came across an article detailing five things that dentists do not recommend. You can read that article here, but let me summarize for you. They do not like.....
- Dark soft drinks (think "Coke")
- Hard candy
- Juices (especially apple and orange - too acidic)
- Ice (changing temps between teeth and fillings causes fillings to pop out.... and never chew it!!!!)
- Vinegar
So that begs the question, "What on earth is left??????" Or more accurately, "What would they recommend for drinks and snacks?" Well, you can read that article here, but in summary they liked......
- Plain milk and buttermilk
- Fruit and raw vegetables
- Plain yogurt, cheese and cottage cheese
- Hard boiled or devilled eggs
- Nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Melba toast
- Salads
Oh - ya - I can see that..... (sitting at the hockey game) "Hey Tim, I am going to the concession. Do you want anything?"
"No thanks! I brought some Melba toast and some buttermilk!" (Crunch.... crunch.... crunch)
Pass the Coke! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment