Tuesday, October 18, 2016

That's all folks! (Blog 30 of 30)

So it ended up taking a little longer than 30 days, but this is it.  The end of the line for another 30 blogs.

It is also the end of the line (mostly) for another project - Megan's downstairs bedroom.  It only took about 6 months to recover from the flood damage (we didn't do a thing to it over the summer - there were too many other fun things to be doing outside) but it went from this......
To this.....
It still needs curtains, some stuff on the walls and a Megan, but other than that it is ready to go again.

So there you go!  The end of the basement project and the end of the blog (for a while).  I write this blog to share some of our pictures and to let people know what we are up to..... but mostly I write it because it is fun!  I like the challenge of having to come up with something new, weird or interesting every day.

Jerry Seinfeld once said that "Having fun is a particular skill and not many people have it".  If he is right (and I think he is) then that is sort of sad.  Be serious when you need to be, but if you are going to survive, you better be able to laugh and have some fun too.

Anyway, I am taking about a week off (Exhaustion is the enemy of creativity, ya know) and then I will likely start another "30 blogs" - just for fun.  I will let you know when that happens.

One last thing - I am old enough to remember when TV stations used to sign off for the night by playing the national anthem.  Since I am signing off for a while, I thought I should play something appropriate, but since the anthem has been used I chose this.  Enjoy!  (Listen to at least the 50 second mark when the drums come in - it is very cool..... in a Scottish sort of way!)  :)

2 comments:

M said...

Saving for a trip then, are you? (I listened all the way through...) M

TKP said...

That would be a dream trip! I would love it. :)