Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween (Blog 7 of 30)

Many times I think, "I wish I still had little kids".  I miss the girls a lot..... but today is not one of those days!!!

It is Halloween and it is raining!!!  Like cold rain!  Like, "I am sure glad that I don't have to go out trick or treating with little kids" sort of rain!  :)

As I remember it, we never did trick or treat in the rain (Sara says she remembers taking an umbrella with her one year - though maybe that was during her "Mary Poppins" phase and she is just confused).

But, on the other hand, rain isn't so bad.   At least it is not snow.  We had that couple of times when I was a kid.

One year I had the coolest looking pirate costume.  I had a plastic mask, a hook for your hand and a plastic costume sort thing (It was like a poncho that went over your clothes).  The problem was it was -40 outside so the mask froze to my face, the plastic poncho thing became so brittle that it was breaking off in chunks and the wind was howling down Caribou street in Moose Jaw so hard that it almost blew us to Regina.

On the upside I think we got more candy at each stop that year because (A) They thought we deserved more for being so brave and going out in the cold and (B) The faster that people could unload all their candy the faster they could turn out the lights and not have to open the door to the cold anymore ("Here, Kid, open your bag..... you just hit the jackpot!"..... Swoosh!!!)

So now we are sitting in our warm house watching other people get wet and freeze with their little kids...... and I still miss it!!  (sniff)  :)
________
One of the teachers at Sara's school had the fun idea of getting the staff to dress up like "The Price is Right".  She made name tags, money total boards, the principle was Drew Carey.... it was hilarious!  The kids were invited down to the office to play "Higher or Lower" and other games.  They gave out prizes and I think someone is even going to win a trip (A trip to 7-11... but a trip none the less).

And here is a "Pumpkin Sampler" courtesy of Sara.

No comments: