This picture of my garage door was composed by me (as you can probably tell from the artistic lighting, the fact that I have used the "thirds" principle to compose it and the fact that I used the word "composed" instead of saying - "This picture I took".... all of which are things I have overheard Sara and her camera-nerd buddies say to one another - but did not really pay any attention to because I did not care). Anyway, this beautifully composed picture will illustrate two stunning truths that I have discovered in the past 24 hours.
1. A person uses their refrigerator way more often than they realize. As some of you may have read yesterday (click here), our fridge died and we are now getting by with my garage's mini-fridge.
It has been a weird experience! For example, today at lunch Sara turned and went to put the sandwich meat back in the dead fridge that is still sitting in its old spot. Old habits are hard to break.
I dare you! Count how many times you go to your perfect, cold, lovely, working fridge in a day. I guarantee you will be shocked!!!
Which leads to the next observation.....
2. My garage is farther away than it seems. This is relevant because the aforementioned mini-fridge FROM my garage is still IN my garage!!!!
Now you may be asking yourself, "Why did you not bring the portable, little mini-fridge into the house?" My answer would be, "Ask Sara!" :)
Actually, I think I may know the real answer...... We have not moved it into the house because she said that she thought that we did not need to and now - whether I was right or not - she cannot go back on her proclamation. :)
Now, I must say that I am quite proud of the fact that she has been making the trek the out there 46748967894769456959 times per day (including this morning at 7 am in the frosty morning breeze) without complaining one bit, but come on!! Who else has to put their shoes on to go to the fridge??? Anyone????? Show of hands. I didn't think so!
There is one up side to all of this though. She is not going to get a chance to read this blog before I post it and if she happens to not see the humour in it.... at least I will have access to a fridge full of food when I am forced to sleep in the garage tonight! :)
2 comments:
You won't have to sleep in the garage - after all I was afraid you might tell the world the early morning skitter to the garage in just above zero weather was done in my summer friendly pjs. Oh wait ...
I was going to mention that but I didn't want to get in real trouble so..... :)
Post a Comment