Sunday, January 24, 2010

I like winter (3 of 30)

It is -10 outside (-21 with the wind chill). I just got back from walking the dog around the mile long loop in our neighbourhood. The storm is still on. Wind is blowing snow around. The streets are so slippery and full of snow that it is hard to walk. My face is stinging and my legs feel a little numb from being frozen...... and I LOVE IT!!!

Seriously.... I would not trade winter for another 6 months of summer. I love summer, the beach, 40 degree heat, etc (I really do - it can't be too hot for me)....... but winter is a challenge! It is like survival and there is something about that challenge that I like.

When I was a kid, I used to dream about being an "Arctic explorer". Clomping through the snow and ice - your eye lids frosting shut - that would be fun!!!

So - to all of you who are hating the weather right now - Sorry - but as long as my truck does not get stuck - b/c I REALLY hate that - some of us are actually enjoying it (except is was not cold enough tonight to freeze my eye lids shut - oh well - can't have everything right?) :)


PS. Dear NFL.... Please return the 6 hours of my life that you stole from me today. Neither team that I was cheering for is going to the Super Bowl! I know it is likely going to be a good game with the Colts and the Saints - but I really don't like either team - so now who do I cheer for????? And what was Brett Favre doing throwing that pass at the end of the game??? Ugh!

No comments: