Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random Thoughts (2 of 30)

Some random thoughts on a Saturday night......


- The new snow is beautiful. Seriously - it is really nice. The kids had fun building igloos and forts in the front yard today


- Katie and I ate an entire package of bacon today at brunch.... just the two of us.... is that wrong??? Discuss (PS. It did not feel wrong..... mmmmm bacon!!!)


- Snow blowers are just about the perfect tool ever made.... useful and fun.... what more could you want????


- Sari works too hard doing lots of things that no one ever really sees. She spent a good share of this day (and many days before this and will for many after I am sure) working on stuff for the "Sister Triangle Ladies Retreat". She makes me tired just watching her.... so I usually just leave the room. Discuss


- At noon hockey yesterday, we did not have a goalie - so the the plan is to try to hit the posts of the net. After missing several times, I got to within a couple of feet of the post, shot the puck and I hit it hard...... Loud "Ding"..... then a loud "clunk"....... the puck came back and hit me right in the head. It came back so quickly that I did not even have time to move. Right between the eyes - off the visor. The other guys thought that I had knocked my teeth out. Question: Am I talented for being able to hit the post hard, or untalented for hitting myself in the head? Unlucky to get a puck in the head or lucky that it did knock my teeth out? (I was not wearing my mouth guard at the time) Discuss.


- I am starting a new class at church tomorrow..... I am calling it "Contact! Reconnecting with God, Your Faith and others". I am really excited.... all about "making our faith fly"...... Come on down if you like (and I may be persuaded to send out "class notes" if you are interested - let me know)


Ok - there you go..... have a good night. See you tomorrow. :)

No comments: