Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just like when I was a kid (10 of 30)


One of my good memories of being a little kid is going to my grand-parent's house and playing crokinole. We spent a lot of time and had lots of laughs playing together.

Somehow, when my Grandma moved out of her apartment a few years ago, I ended up with her old crokinole board.

So, more than 30 years after I played my first game on that board, with those pieces - Sari, the girls and I sat down tonight and played several games on it together. It was a nice night - it brought back nice memories - it made new memories..... and it made me look like a "Crokinole Pro" (is there such a thing) because I had 30 more years of experience on that board than anyone else (There is nothing wrong with a little "Home field advantage", is there?) :)

We we plan to keep playing for the rest of the winter - and years to come. Who knows - maybe someday my grandkids will learn to play on it too.

1 comment:

KTPippus said...

Your grandma's crokinole game was something our kids asked to play with her pretty much everytime we went to visit, so they will probably be asking to play when we come see you in a couple of weeks...

And of course, I'm sure you and your brother will feel the need to take each other on--for old time's sake (or a bit of brotherly competition)! So start exercising that finger! :-)