Below is a picture of my family having supper with some of our church leaders.
This is my "office Christmas party".
As silly as that sounds (since I work at my office alone), if you are part of a church group PLEASE DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR YOUR MINISTER!!!!
Most people get a company Christmas party (whether you like it or not is irrelevant.... you are offered one at least). Most people get Christmas bonuses. It sort of is assumed.
Most ministers do not get either of those things. In fact, I do not know anyone else who gets taken out for supper by their leadership (I am sure it happens, but, if it does, I have not heard about it).
This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to my family.... not because we need the free supper, but simply because it is a reminder that we don't just work here, but that we work with friends whom we love and who love us as well.
Part of our being here for 23 years (which is unheard of in many places.... 5 years is a long stay for most ministers) has to do with little kindnesses like this.
A little thoughtfulness goes a long way!
No comments:
Post a Comment