I was at the coffee shop the other day and one of my buddies was telling me that he was getting on a plane the next day and going to Puerto Vallarta and do you know what I say..... so what???
Another guy at coffee then started talking about Hawaii and how nice it was there at Christmas time and do you know what I said.... so what????????
Then I went to Weyburn for a Bruins' game and I ran into a buddy from there and he and his wife were leaving the next day to go to Hawaii. He had 3 tee times booked at 3 different courses and he had rented a Harley so he could ride around the island one day and I said..... SO what?????????????
And since then I have come across 6 other people who are either on their way to Mexico or the Southern States in the next week and I say...... SO WHAT???????????????
If I went somewhere nice and warm I would miss all the good exercise I get shovelling snow!
If I was laying around on a beach, I would probably get too hot anyway (I can't take the heat.... anything above 40 Celsius and I start to sweat a little bit).
Who wants to paddle board across the bay at Puerto Vallarta to go and get your vegetables at the local market and then paddle board back to your villa like my friend???? It takes him most of the day to do that.... how does he keep up with his Facebook account if he is not sequestered inside because of the latest blizzard?
White sandy beaches are not that different than my white wintry front yard, right? From 200 miles away they look about the same.
So instead of going south, I am going to go speak at a youth rally/ski trip next weekend. I have been watching the forecast drop over the last several days but I think it is only going to -3768943768786 with a windchill of 3287639487689437689347698496734 - so that will be nice.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I am not jealous at all. I don't even want to be warm, ride motorcycles, or try para-sailing, or anything. I am SUPER HAPPY!!!!!!
Did I mention that I am a terrible liar, too??????? :)
___________
PS. I am actually speaking at a youth/ski thing this weekend and I am really looking forward to it. I love skiing and Megan has never tried it, so that will be a great time.
Most of the whining above was purely for comedic effect. If you are going south or have ever talked to me about going south, don't feel bad. I do not hold it against you or think you are a jerk in any way... mostly! ;)
3 comments:
Very funny!
Just turn the heat up in your house really high and run around really fast making motorcycle noises. It'll be just like a hot harley vay-cay.
It would be cheaper that is for sure!
Post a Comment