Friday, January 10, 2014

Time to retire? (Blog 6 of 25)

I went to noon hockey today.  I have not been on skates since October and before that it was likely March, so (needless to say) I did not think that I would feel that good.

However, I surprised myself.

First shift.... go down the ice.... get a pass.... make a pass.... get a rebound off the goalie.... put it in.  38 seconds back on the ice and I had my first goal.

After that, I didn't do much.  Made a few more passes. Checked a couple of dudes.... nothing spectacular.

Then it happened.

One of our guys took the puck down the wing, crossed the blue line and went down into the corner.  Seeing this, I decided to hang out at the top of the slot so that if he passed it to me I would have a clear shot on the net.  Sure enough, he turns and looks and fires the puck my way. 

Now the pass was a little off so I turned a bit to pick it up...... and got clobbered from behind!!  I mean, I got rocked.  Head snapping back rocked.  Not quite as bad as the picture at the side, but you get the idea.

So I gather myself.... get up.... look around to see who did this.... spot a dude with a ponytail and then realize........ 

DUDE WAS A GIRL!!!

Not only was dude a girl but she was like 100 lbs!!!!!!   Not only was she a girl..... not only was she like a pip-squeak..... but she didn't even say sorry!!!!!!

It kinda hurt my feelings..... and my pride!!!!


About 4 girls from the Women's team were out there today and because they were "girls" I was trying to be nice to them.   Apparently, that was a mistake!!!

I will tell you this thought..... she is lucky that she skated away quickly..... and that I am old and out of shape and could not catch her either.

Maybe it is time to retire.  :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't go thru the glass this time.... LS

TKP said...

Hmmm - very true.... that was traumatic. I went to the hospital, got stitches, was told by the Dr. not to alone in case I went into shock, went to LS's house, rang the bell and asked if I could come in and they said "No"!

I am not sure which scarred me more! (though they did relent and let me in) :)

Anonymous said...

Funny, I don't remember that part!

TKP said...

Is this the right "LS" or have you just blocked that from your memory???? Either way, it was traumatic :)