My girls (all three) are sick.... they have it bad.....they have "Downton Abbey-itis"!!!
It is terrible!!!! It makes them stare blankly at TV screens for hours at a time. Other symptoms include random outbursts of laughter and speaking with a British accent.
The biggest indicator that they have this dread disease is that they always end up crying afterwards..... usually followed by a disclaimer like, "I am alright!!! Stupid show!!!!"
Oddly, they also talk about the people on the show as if they are real...... I am not sure what that means.
I am nearing my wits ends...... they are watching it even as I type this and I can hear them yelling at the TV as.... if.... the ..... TV... can.... hear..... them (read that last part in a whispered voice - I don't want them to hear me!!!)
They need help, so I am starting a foundation called "The Downton Abbey separation and rehabilitation Society" (or the "TDASRS" for short).
I think they can return to a normal life.... but they need your help. Please send all donations to our home address..... thank you!
PS. In fairness, if the girls were writing this they would probably have me point out that their condition is not unlike "hockey-itis" or "racing-itis" or "football-itis"..... but they are wrong. Watching those things for hours, screaming at the TV during games and maybe even crying (if it was a really close game) are all very natural responses to real humans doing real things. They are dealing with actors pretending to do things..... so that doesn't even make sense.
Besides.... I am writing this and they are not! Please donate!!! :)

3 comments:
Yep, I don't remember you ever I tears over a football game...
I'm afraid I may need to join the support group :)
Well, admitting that you have a problem is the first step. :)
Post a Comment