On Thursday night, I had my weekend all planned.... I was going to work on Katie's bedroom most of Friday - maybe do a little shopping that evening with the kids... Saturday I was going to help my Brother in law change the brakes on his car in my garage (that was going to be fun - I like working on stuff when it is not my money or really my problem - seriously) - Sunday was going to be church and maybe have some friends drop by......
Well Friday morning Sari had some things she needed me to do, so since I was out anyway I did the recycling - went and picked up the turkey I won on the radio - then came home and did dishes b/c Sari was taking the afternoon off to bake (that shot most of the morning). Then when she got home we decided to spend the afternoon doing some last minute Christmas shopping.... then we went to the holiday train and I sort of forget what happened the rest of the night - nothing got done on the room I know that much.
Saturday morning I went shopping for a Sari present or two... while I was out she called and sent me on 094869869886 other errands to get baking supplies and things - so the morning was shot. Then my bro in law could not get parts for his car, so no garage stuff (though we did play every PS2 sports game known to man for most of the afternoon - he was here anyway so that was fun - but not that productive). That night we watched "Its a Wonderful life" - so no room work and no car work.
Today the girls and I spent most of the afternoon wrapping presents for Sari... but then unfortunately our friends could not come over - so we went "twinkle touring" and delivering presents to people instead.
So long story even longer... lots of plans.... nothing accomplished (thus the title of the post). The things we did get to do were fun and worth doing (it was a nice weekend) but I did not go the way I planned at all.
Oh well - some weekend I will not plan to work on the room and then I will suddenly end up finishing it in one day.... right? Right? (Well - maybe it will be done sometime before she is grown up and moved away at least - I hope)
2 comments:
Wow--we can certainly identify with your weekend! We always seem to have big plans to get lots accomplished on our evenings/ weekends (especially where the kitchen is concerned), but once the evening/weekend arrives, we usually have a million other things that come up and interfere with our plans! And not that those interruptions are necessarily bad, especially since other fun events sometimes come in their place, but they certainly can drastically change the outcome of the weekend! :-)
I'm sorry your friends couldn't stay and visit.... :)
Post a Comment