Monday, December 06, 2010

A slow Monday (16 of 30)

Mondays are always sort of slow - especially after the adrenaline of Sunday... but in light of the past week this was a particularly slow/down day. Not much to report... so you get a test, a news update and a joke.
_______
The test....

Name the only man in the Hockey Hall of Fame who never played coached, refereed, managed or owned a hockey club. He never broadcast a game or wrote about one in the newspapers or online. In fact, he never even witnessed a Stanley Cup game (answer at the bottom of the post)
_________
The news...

We put the tree up tonight. Sari always does such a good job of making this a special event for us - even though I am usually a Grinch about the whole thing most of the time. Thanks!
____
The joke.... (from a guy on the internet)

"The snow and the cold seems to be really getting to my wife. All she does now is stand and stare at the window all day. If this keeps up, I may have to let her in". :)
________
The answer....

Lord Stanley of Preston. He was the Governor General of Canada when he donated the Cup in 1893. He was called back to England by Queen Victoria before he got the chance to see the Cup played for or handed out.

(If you knew the answer, please sign in the comments section and indicate whether you knew it, or guessed it..... I am just curious)

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

I totally knew the answer and I'm not even a hockey fan. So I get double points.

TKP said...

Good job! You are a true Canadian (or you have good powers of deduction and figured it out - either way = good job!) :)