My mom called me about an hour ago to say that my Grandma, Annie Hannan, passed away this morning.
Many times I have wondered how I would feel getting that call (she has been in and out of the hospital a lot in recent years) and it used to make me cry just thinking about it.... but somehow today I am not sad. In fact, right now, I am very peaceful about it.
Unlike some families, we were fortunate enough to know Grandma well. She lived a couple of blocks away from us when we were growing up. We went camping at Buffalo Pound every summer with mom and Grandpa and Grandma. We saw her often in those days.
When I was in Grade 12 the preacher in our church offered to teach me how to write sermons, etc and so we got together every Saturday morning. My Grandma lived in an apartment building across from the church building so every Friday after school for over a year, I would walk to Grandma's... spend the night playing Crokinole and visiting, sleep over and go to the class the next morning.
We were fortunate enough too that my girls and Sari got to know and love "Granny" (as they called her). She was always interested in what they were doing - how things were in their lives - and the girls liked visting with her too. None of us will ever be able to have "Orange Floats" again without thinking about her - and that is a good thing.
I am sure that the next few days will be tearfilled, but for now I am happy. Happy to have had a good Grandma who loved us so much and happy to have been able to love her back.
Goodbye Grandma. I am going to miss you.
1 comment:
Sorry for your loss Tim. God bless you and your whole family! Hugs from the Davis family.
Post a Comment