One of my favorite parts of spring is the NHL playoffs..... specifically the first round.
I love the first round because there are tons of games every night and anyone can beat anyone else on any night. Upsets are common.
Even more fun are the overtime games. There is nothing like sitting on the couch till 1 am wondering who is going to score and when. It is super fun!!!!
Until this year.
As most of you know, there are no Canadian teams in the playoffs this year. Now I know that there are lots of Canadians on the remaining teams but here is the thing...... I don't know those other teams. I do not watch them all year long and so I don't really know the players or what their team is like or who plays what roles, etc, etc.
Granted, I could watch San Jose or someone else play and learn those things, but at this point I have no emotional investment in any of the teams so it is hard to motivate myself to sit there and watch.
If you do not have a team you like and a team you hate, there is no point. Without that, they are just teams...... and sadly to me this year they are just teams. :(
So one of the best spring traditions is ruined!
On the other hand, it leaves me more time to read, think and work on improving myself..... and I hate that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment