Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Walk in the Woods (Blog 2 of 30)

I don't read many books just for fun (lots of motorcycle magazines - but not a lot of books), but I just finished reading "A Walk in the Woods".

You may recognize the title as the book was recently made into a movie - starting Robert Redford.  It is the story of two older dudes who decide to hike the 2000 + mile "Appalachian Trail" of the eastern US.

I only problem.... now I want to go hiking!  I want to sleep in a tent!  I want to cook over a little camp stove and have no cell phone service.

I think that sounds great!

Now - in July - my brother and I are going on an eight day "Ride on the plains" (sort of like "A Walk in the Woods" only get rid of the trees and insert motorcycles instead of hiking..... the two "old dudes" remain a constant)..... and I am getting excited about it!  

So I think there are now only two options.... (A) Start planning a big hike somewhere or (B) Stop reading books!

No comments: