After at got out the shower - still no sign of Megan - so I went downstairs, burst into her room and said "HEY! GET UP! IT IS 8:20! YOU NEED TO LEAVE FOR WORK IN 10 MINUTES!!!"
Megan sat up in bed with that look of dread that can only come when adrenaline and fear start coursing through your veins at the same time.
"What time is it?" she asked again.
"IT IS 8:20!!!!!!!!!" I said emphatically.
"Dad......... I don't work till 10!" she said even more emphatically!
"Ummm - what?"
"I work at 10..... I don't have to be up for another 40 minutes!!!
"Oooooohhhhhh!!!!!! Well..... then...... go back to sleep!"
She somehow seemed less than thrilled to find out that she could sleep a little longer! Teenagers.... there is no making them happy!!! :)
____________
Why was I up early on a Saturday morning, you ask. Well, one of the sure signs of spring came about today..... the Majestics Car Show in Regina.
It was a lot of fun not only because of the cars but because of all the people that I ran into from Estevan and more specifically from the speedway. I could hardly walk 5 feet without visiting with someone. It was great!
Anyway, here is one picture I took.... a bunch of Lamborghinis and Ferraris together (not a common sight on the prairies).
No comments:
Post a Comment