One of the things that I like about living in a small city is the fact that you are always running into people that you know. Take last Wednesday for example....
I decided to take advantage of the advance pole for the provincial election. As I was walking to the office door someone yelled "Hey, Tim!!!!" I turned and looked and there was a guy from the radio station. His name is Danny and is always fun to visit with, so we chatted about a bunch of different stuff.
As I was about to go, he said, "Hey, I need to interview someone for my story about the election. Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions and put you on the news tomorrow?"
"Why not?" I said so I answered the questions, said goodbye to him and went inside.
To my surprise the line was huge! I thought that I was just going to walk in and walk out and be done in five minutes. However, there must have been 30 people in line and more coming, so I settled in for the wait.
As I looked around, I kept seeing people I knew. "Hey.... Hi.... How are ya??.... Etc" was the conversation as more and more people came in and we acknowledged each other's presence.
When I finally got to the place where they check your ID and sign you in, the guy looked up at me and said, "Oh you are the author".
"Pardon me" I said.
"I recognize your picture from the newspaper. I read your article every week."
"Oh, that is nice" I said. "I am glad to hear that someone reads it!"
Then to top it all off, the lady sitting beside him says, "Well, of course you should know him.... that is Tim Pippus".
By now I am starting to think I am kinda somebody..... and then the she added..... "He is Sara Pippus' husband!" :)
So there you go..... I was a minor celebrity for like 2.3 seconds..... only to find out that I am actually married to a much more well known minor celebrity than me.
Oh well! There are worse things than being known as Sara Pippus' husband!
(PS. You will notice that we have reached the end of this stretch of 30 blogs in 30 days, but I am still having fun doing this so I am going to keep going. I don't think I will number the blogs - unless I start falling behind and need a challenge - so just keep checking in once in a while to see what is going on. Thanks for reading!)
No comments:
Post a Comment