So the NHL is back. Are you watching or boycotting? (Or did you not care or watch before the lockout?)
I have to say that I did not think I cared whether they came back or not. I kept saying that I did not miss it..... but I also have to say that I really enjoyed watching the Leaf game last night. I watched a bit of the Canucks/Oilers game tonight too..... I am glad that they are back.
I am not going to spend several hundred dollars to go to a game,but I would rather see hockey on TSN instead of Poker!
______________
Today was a good day at church. Good discussion in class.... everyone seemed very "visity" and in good moods.... I thought the sermon went well..... but the best part was that this was the Sunday for our "Annual General Meeting".
Using the AGM is terribly uninteresting.... mostly a legal requirement to go through the budget and vote on it. Sometimes there are a few questions.... a few suggestions.... a couple of years (long ago) there was some "heated discussion" about whether to support this or not support that..... but over the last few years there has been very little discussion.
So what made the "AGM" so good this year?
Some brainy person decided that we were going to have a hot turkey lunch because it was AGM Sunday. It was like Christmas dinner there today.... Yummmmm!!!!!
After the budget was presented, I made a motion that we have a huge turkey dinner every Sunday... How much work could it be???? I mean, I contributed this time by taking a bag of frozen peas to the church building and sticking them in the freezer...... if I can do my part certainly others can slave away cooking turkeys, making stuffing, etc, etc, right?
I am going to start looking for more "legal requirements" that we have to fulfill! :)
_____________
Other other day, Sari and I were coming home from somewhere and we heard on the radio that 1 in 5 people sleep-walk.
Do you believe that? 1 in 5???? Doesn't that seem high?
I guess maybe not..... the stat in our house is at least 1 in 4.
When I used to play Rec hockey and come home at 12:30 or 1 am, Sari used to wake up freaking out.... like screaming as if someone was trying to kill her. Of course, her screaming in the dark house would freak me out.... then I am screaming..... it was a mess.
Other times she will jump out of bed and end up 1/2 way down the hall before she wakes up. When I ask what she is doing she just says, "Shut up!" :)
So the other night, I decide to roll over. As I do, Sari sits straight up in bed and practically yells, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT??????"
I reply, "Yes..... well other than the fact that my ear drums are broken now".
To which she says, "WHAT????"
Thinking, "Well she is awake now" I ask..... "Hey did you turn off the space heater downstairs?" (We have a little heater in the family room downstairs and I could not remember if I had left it on, so I wondered if she got it).
She replies, "WHAT?????"
"Did you turn off the space heater?"
"Space heater?????? What is a space heater?????"
I say, "You know.... little oil heater.... in the basement...."
"WHAT?????"
"It is white..... throws heat.... space heater.... basement..... YOU bought the thing, remember?????"
"WHAT?????"
"Sari...... the space heater in the basement.... did you turn it off?"
Suddenly, she comes to and it all makes sense to her......... "SHUT UP!!!!!"
Be glad if you don't have a "1 out of 5" in your house! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment