As many of you will know, Sari and I have had a couple unfortunate incidents with the city backing raw sewage up into our basement (If you do not know these stories... use your imagination.... make it 10 times worse.... then double that.... and you will be getting close).
In light of this, our insurance company sent us a letter say that we had to put a "backwater check valve" in our main sewer line... which means chopping up the floor. I have been putting this job off for a long time, but today was the day. With the help of my good buddy Dennis, a jackhammer and a sledge hammer we now have several big holes down there (We roughed in where a future bathroom would go as well.... since we had the jackhammer all day anyway, why not right?)
Anyway, I am glad that part is over and I will try to post some pictures tomorrow (Pictures of holes in my basement.... this is quality entertainment here right kids?)
As well... we went and saw Megan play her first high school basketball game today too. They won and Megs scored the first basket and several others as well. It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to tomorrow's games.
Lastly..... until tonight I had never seen "Braveheart". I know.... how did that happen? Well.... I am not sure. However, we sat down and watching it tonight (with a couple of "ff" episodes) and you know what........ I HATED IT!!!!
How on earth could anyone have liked this movie?????? I will give you that (a) it was really well shot.. the filming of the battle scenes in particular was really well done and (b) it was somewhat real-life (with some alterations to the facts to make it more cinematic I am sure)...... but YIKES what a depressing movie!!! I would not that stupid show again if you paid me!!! Good thing I never remember movies..... I can't wait for that one to fall out of my memory banks.
Usually I am all into history and what-not.... maybe it was a bad night/wrong mood..... but I was not happy about it at all.
So there you go.... two thumbs down on that one from me.
Other than that.... it has been a great day. See you tomorrow.
1 comment:
It's a good movie. You must have been having a bad day.
Post a Comment