Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Some good news and some good advice (Day 27)

My "Cycle World" motorcycle magazine came today and that is good news for several people....

1. Me (For obvious reasons)

2. Dennis (As he gets to read them after I am done with them)

3. Sari (Because she no longer has to listen to me whine... "Where is my 'Cycle World'?" every day)

4.  The mailman/woman/person (I was about to start frisking the letter carriers to see if they were hiding my magazine from me - and that may have been a little awkward)

5.  Katelyn and Megan (Because it may be hard for them to survive without their Dad being around during their teenage years because he is locked up as a result of the fight that would have most certainly broken out after the "frisking" bit).

So - as you can see - it is a good thing the magazine showed up today.  The entire course of our collective lives my have been changed had it not.
___________
I was not going to share this bit of good advice.  In fact, it is completely against my better judgment.  However, Sari said I ought to blog it as it may help others.  So, feel free to take the advice and try the idea.  Results may vary.....

Sari was sitting on the couch at lunch and she could not stop coughing.  She asked if we had any "Halls" or something (as if I would know).

I said, "No, but I saw a stand-up comic one time who recommended taking laxative``.

"Why?  What good will that do?" she asked.

"Well", I replied, "His theory was that if you took enough of it you would be too scared to cough".  :)
 __________
See - better judgment should have ruled there.  Oh well!  Have a good night!  :)

No comments: