
Megan is very nice..... too nice sometimes.... at least when it comes to basketball. Sometimes she is so nice that she allows girls on the other team to take the ball right past her and shoot until they score. She does not want to upset someone by fighting for the ball.
So before her last game of the day in Weyburn we told her that she had to get a foul.... at least one.... that fouls are not all bad.... that you are allowed 5 in a game because it is assumed that if you are trying you are going to run into people... you are going to grab their arm instead of the ball once in a while..... and generally you cannot be super nice and win. Not that we wanted her to be mean. We just wanted her to compete.
So - whether it was our talk or her own competitiveness coming out.... she went nuts! She pushed people around on defense..... she rebounded and fought for the ball.... and she ended up with three fouls. We created a Monster!!!
It was great!
That was her best game ever! She competed for the ball and it was good to see.
Way to go Megan!!!!
________
On the way home, we look up and there is some bonehead passing a semi, but he does not have enough time, so he is in our lane - coming right at us - and there is no way he is going to make it.
I slow down a little bit to give him a second or two more to complete the pass and he just barely gets back into his lane just in front of the semi and just before we crunch him, so as he went by I laid on the horn..........
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNKKKKK!!!!!!!
I hope he hears that sound in his ears all night.
It is no wonder people die on highway 39 every other month..... no patience, no judgement and everyone has to get to where they are going RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKK!!!!!
_________________
With a few minutes left in the last game today, one of the girls from the Yorkton team had a hissy right on the court and right in the middle of the game. She was trying to dribble and just screeched at one of our girls,"Watch your hands!"
It was very unsportsmanlike - especially considering the fact that our girl was not called for a foul. This other girl just did not like being guarded so closely.
Anyway, the play went to the other end and then came back right in front of us when.... "TWEET!!!"...... the "screechy girl" got called for "reaching in".
Without even thinking (which can be a problem for me sometimes) I yell at her.....
"WATCH YOUR HANDS!" :)
Now I am not normally one to heckle opposing teams - especially 14 year old girls..... and apparently Sari and Katie thought it was a little odd because both of them looked at me like I had just kicked a puppy across the court.
Katie turned to me and said, "YOU CAN'T SAY THAT!"
"Why not?" I asked. "I am just repeating what she said. It is good advice!"
Then I started thinking, "Hmmm.... I wonder if this is going to start a 'Brazilian Soccer Brawl'"..... but, unfortunately, it didn't. :(
I was ready though..... I am pretty sure that I could have taken that kid! :)
1 comment:
I wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment