One highlight: We got to use one of the best inventions EVER..... the "Dog wash" at the "car wash".
Now, if you have never had to try to wash a dog the size of Murphy (especially during the winter - in the house) this may not seem like such a great thing..... but believe me - it is! It cost us $6 and was worth every penny!
I am not sure why he smelled so bad. I suggested that possibly his brain was rotting in his head (That is also why he is so stupid)... but that only got me dirty looks from the females in the house.
Anyway - what a great thing the dog wash is..... heated, easy to use, all industrial so there is nothing to wreck (Murphy shook the water off of himself at the end - no harm done), all the hair clogs their drain instead of ours...... oh - and the dog does not smell like he is dead anymore..... perfect! :)
_______
Ok - here is your test for the day. Watch the commercial below and tell me (a) What song is playing and (b) who is singing it. Bonus marks for just knowing the answer and not using Google (Please indicate how you came up with the answer when you comment).
I saw this commercial the other day and immediately I was like 4 years old, standing in the kitchen at home listening to this song on the radio.... very weird.
Someone else HAS to recognize it...... give it a listen (Why Dempster's pulled a song from 1971 for their new ad is another question.... one to which I have no answer)
One last thing: From the 6 or so responses I have received (both public and private) so far to yesterday's "Would you accept an offer of help from a stranger in a parking lot?" question....... it seems that the answer is a solid "no" - mostly based on the fact that we (as a society) do not trust one another enough.
That is sad! I would have been happier if people simply said that they were too proud to accept help (I get that).... but to be too afraid (or at least cautious) is unfortunate.
Now, I am not saying that the ladies who answered that way are "wrong".... not at all (in fact, it is likely the right answer). I just think that says something bad about us in general.
Anyway, if you missed the original discussion, please see the post below and please feel free to add to the discussion. I think it is interesting.
Have a great day! :) And don't forget to listen to the song and see if you know it (Even if someone else comes up with the right answer first - let me know if you knew it).
Bonus question: (There is a prize for this one) What is odd about the way the song is played? There is something unusual..... what is it??????? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment