Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wa? I think I am in trouble (Day 17)

To those who live in larger centers, this is going to sound stupid but to us prairie bumpkins it is weird. 

We are getting a 2nd area code.

Not only will Sask be "306", it will also now be "639".

So, I was wondering how they are going to do that... will they split the province into north and south regions and then assign one area code to each? 

Nope!

From the Sasktel web site........
_____
Who gets the new 639 area code?

Once 639 is introduced, the 306 and 639 area codes will be assigned to new phone numbers interchangeably throughout the province. (For example, a customer's home phone number may have a 306 area code but that customer's new cell phone number may have the 639 area code. Or a customer's new next door neighbour may have a different area code.)
 _____
That  does not sound confusing does it?????  Why create two zones so that you know that when you are calling Moose Jaw it has to be a "306" number?????  Why not make it as random and as confusing as possible????

Here is the thing:  I have "Phone Number Remembering Deficiency" (PNRD).   My PNRD is only somewhat rivaled by inability to remember anything from most any movie I have ever seen (Sari and I can watch a movie and the next day I can't remember the lead character's name.... meanwhile the girls are quoting 3/4 of the lines verbatim). 

My PNRD is so bad that there are some people who I call almost every week.... who have been here since day one of my time in Estevan (22 years +).... and I still have to look up their number or ask Sari every week. 

In fact, sadly, I have no idea what my daughters' numbers are.  If they were not in my "contacts list" on my phone, I would be hooped. 

(Oddly, though, if you and I have had a conversation - whether on the phone or in person - in the last year, chances are that I remember most of it.  Thus, Sari and I could be a new "Super hero team".... she dials and I talk and remember...... we would be invincible!!!   Now we just have to come up with a cool name..... suggestions??????)

So what I am saying is this..... When the new calling system comes into effect this spring, you will likely never hear from me again. 

Or, maybe you will hear from me more as I randomly dial numbers and just talk to whoever answers the phone.  :)
________
Two more things.....

1.  I had a super funny story to tell you today.  I was composing it while driving down King street at about 4 pm..... and now I can`t remember a word of it. (See I should have told it to someone and then I could have remembered the conversation).

This is a problem all writers have (so I am told).  You get a good idea.  You think, ``I will never forget that`` and then you promptly forget it.  Good writers (so I am told) carry a small notebook and pen for just such occasions.  I carry one.... it is filled with sermon ideas and illustrations, but no ``Funny`` stories.

So - you have to supply your own for tonight........  (Please place story here)...... (laugh now)...... Thank you!   Come again!   :)

2.  To SRL (in the comments on yesterday`s post).... I did see the sunrise today and it really was beautiful.   Much more so than a 50 foot chicken.
_____
Ok - that is all for tonight.  

No comments: