When Jerry Seinfeld was offered a pilot on NBC, he enlisted his friend, Larry David, to co-write it with him. David, knowing that most pilots fail, took the job without giving it much thought.
After the pilot was aired, NBC ordered four more shows and so Seinfeld and David came up with stories for them.
When those proved to be successful, NBC ordered an entire season of 13 thirteen shows. Seinfeld was thrilled. Larry David, on the other hand, was not! In fact, he told Seinfeld to refuse it.
"Thirteen episodes!!! How can I come up with thirteen more episodes??? We've run out of stories!!!" he famously ranted.
Why am I telling you this? Well, because........
I GOT NOTHING!!!!!! THIRTY BLOGS IN THIRTY DAYS!!?!??!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WRITE SOMETHING THAT IS EVEN SOMEWHAT INTERESTING MUCH LESS SOMETHING REMOTELY FUNNY EVERY........ SINGLE....... DAY?????? IT'S RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!
WHO SIGNED ME UP FOR THIS?????? WHO THOUGHT THAT THIS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA???????
I HAVE TOLD EVERY GOOD STORY THAT I CAN THINK OF!!!!!!!!
I HAVE PUT TOGETHER EVERY STUPID THOUGHT I HAVE EVER HAD....... AND NOW I AM OUT!!!!!
I JUST SIT AT THE COMPUTER AND WATCH THE LITTLE CURSOR BLIP AT ME...... AND..........NOTHING!!!!
Then - to make matters worse - no one and nothing is cooperating with me either!
For example...... I watched the paper boy go up and down our icy streets today... watched him for a good 10 minutes.... do you think he would slip and fall and injure himself in some comical way..... nooooooo!!!
I was on an Air Force base in Florida last fall but do you think I could wander off into a restricted area and have six dudes chase me down at gunpoint like a guy I know did at the Air Base in Minot...... noooooo!!!!!
I read the other day about a lady who got hit by a piece of space junk! Part of an old rocket came out of orbit, burned its way through the atmosphere and ended up hitting her on the shoulder. I have been outside like 20 times today...... has anything from space hit me???? Nooooo!!!
When I was a kid, my Dad was friends with a bunch of shady characters who met untimely demises due to various activities that were - ummmm - shall we say...... outside the norm. Not me!!! The craziest thing my friends do is order two different DQ blizzards in the same cup!!!!!
I......... Got....... Nothing!
In fact, you may have noticed that this entire blog is about nothing!!!!
But - I guess - writing about nothing worked out pretty well for Seinfeld!
So tune in tomorrow to see if I have come up with anything interesting.... had a complete nervous breakdown........ or just give you my grocery list for the weekend.
1 comment:
Similar to doing housework!
Post a Comment