No - I have not caught myself on fire again or otherwise injured myself lately - I just have been too busy to write.....
Having said that, I don't have any stories to tell (or at least none that I am allowed to share on here), so let me do this.....
A simple quiz...... Every year the "Insurance Bureau of Canada" recreates a list of the "10 Ten Stolen Vehicles in Canada"...... so, using 2016 and 2017 stats (the most recent we have) what is the most popular vehicle to steal????
What is that???? Did you say that you HATE guessing games????
Ok - how about this...... If you guess right, let me know in the comments section and I will either (a) send you $10 or (b) take you out for coffee
(As an aside: You may note that prize "b" seems to be less than prize "a"....... a couple of cups of coffee would not add up to $10 even at Starbucks!! But in reality, prize "b" is extremely more valuable because, after all, you get to spend time with me!!!!!) :)
Ok - ready...... take a guess!!!!
The most popular vehicle to steal in 2016 and 2017........ Holding down an incredible 7 of the top 10 spots in 2016 and an even more incredible 8 of the 10 ten spots in 2017..........
Ford Pickup trucks! More specifically, Ford F350 pickups!!!! Their super heavy duty model!
WHAT???????
More people steal Ford heavy duty pickup trucks than anything else??? !!! Your Cadillac is safe. Don't worry about the Lexus. You could leave your Ferrari running in your driveway and - apparently - thieves would rather take your neighbours' Ford pickup truck!
And, again, they hold most of the spots! In 2016, for example, various years of the F350 hold down positions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9 on the top ten list
Don't believe me..... here is the link:
http://www.ibc.ca/ns/auto/theft/top-ten-stolen-cars?y=2016#stolen-cars
Turns out - the ignition on them is designed so poorly that it is easy to start them without a key. Now, I am not recommending this, nor will I tell you how to do it, but let's just say that I bet there are a couple of guys around town that could do it in 33.4 seconds or so (give or take!)
Now...... I am so convinced that you did not know the right answer (without cheating) that if you actually guessed the right answer ..... forget $10...... forget coffee......... I will buy you lunch AND give you $20!!!!!!
NOT..... A...... CHANCE ANYONE CLAIMS THIS!
Ps. One really nice note: There is not one 1993 Chrysler Intrepid on any of the lists..... so maybe Kramer is safe!!! :)
6 comments:
Hey Dude I did know the right answer. Now you could say I have an inside track to that kind of info but I also just knew it in general. The other part of the reason they get stolen so often is there is just so many of them as they out sell all other trucks every year. Not like there is a Cadillac on every corner. Now as you have accumulated a very large squishy bet debt over the years from lost bets (that I have yet to see any payments on) I am not holding my breath about the lunch and the $20.00 but "It is going on the list. That last line you have hear in your mind being said like George Costanza's dad from Seinfeld would yell it.:-)
If you claim to have known the answer, then I will believe you and pay out the reward! I am assuming that you want lunch with me and not the $20 (the time spent with me being the much more valuable piece). :)
The real question is, though, "Did you know it was the Super Duty?" That is actually important b/c the F150 does not have the same issues that make the Super Duty easier to steal.
Please clarify. Payment will be arranged after submission.
Ummm why am I choosing am I choosing between lunch and $20.00 as the blog clearly states " I will buy you lunch AND give you $20!!!!!!" The blog also states “what is the most popular vehicle to steal????” I said a ford F150 in my head. Nowhere does it state you have to give the model. Super crew, King cab etc. Next you will be saying “but you didn’t say it was black 150s with brown seats that actually the most stolen.” I want to talk to management !!!!
Now Lenny - deep breaths!! Is a Ford F150 the same thing as a Ford 250 or 350??? Obviously, no! If the 150 was as easy to steal, there would be a bunch of them on the list as they sell WAY more 150s than anything..... so - if the committee wanted to be rude - we could find your answer incorrect as you clear state above that you thought "F150 in my head".
However, since we are guided by graciousness and not knotheadedness here.... I will give you half credit. Your prize..... I will buy you those squishies I owe you!!! :)
As for the $20 and lunch portion of your complaint.... I thought you may forfeit the cash just because the chance to hang out with me makes the $20 seem like a worthless throw-in. However, that point is moot now anyway with your F150 admission (see above paragraph and settlement offer!)
Lastly, I am certain that you are aware of Canadian lottery/contest laws that forbid family members and employees of the entity that offers the prize from winning the prize. Please contact Mr Justin Trudeau for more information
Thank you for your continued interest in our blog and for your on-going participation.
"I will buy you those squishies I owe you!!! :)"
Well I will give you that this does sound like a Justin Trudeau "prize" or deal for sure.
Think Homer Simpson who summed it up so well when he said....
"Hello Jerry? This is Homer Simpson. Remember last month when I paid back that loan? Yeah, well now I need you to do a favor for me!"
Thank you! Please come again! :)
Post a Comment