Every year, for the past 28 years or so, our summer Bible camp has held a fundraising curling bonspiel and for 28 years or so I have lost badly!
I have taken buddies - and lost!
I have stacked teams with the best players I know - and lost!
I have curled with Sara and the girls - and lost!
I once got beat by a guy and three little girls. He was a really good curler. His two daughters and a niece, who were all about 12 years old. The kids would sit in the hack with both hands on the rock and - try as they might - they could not come up with enough force to throw their rock through the house. Therefore, every one of their rocks, every end, was in play. Then the good curler guy would come down and knock one of their rocks in, or hide behind something.... they killed us!!! It was my most embarrassing (but funny) defeat to date!
So this year I decided to go with a different plan. I went with some good friends and decided to just have a good time..... and that is exactly what we did. Not only that, but we won a game and scored enough points in the games that we lost that we ended up in the A-side semi-finals....... where we were crushed by a team much much better than us.
But we had fun and it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment