Monday, March 26, 2018

You Have ONE JOB!!!! (Blog 23 of 30)

Phone in my office rings this morning, it is a lady from the bank.

"May I speak to the person who did the church money deposit today?"

"Well.... he is not here" I say.  "But I could have him call you back"

"Oh sure!!  No big deal.  We just noticed that the date on one of the cheques is wrong.  We can correct it over the phone.  The number is 306......"

"Whoa.... hang on second!!  I need to find a pen!.....  OK..... I am ready"

"Ok...... he can call me at 306-634-3116"

"Umm - nope- actually he can't.  This  is the number you just called" I said.  "That is my office number"

"It is?  Oh - then my number is 603-6........ no - I don't mean 603..... of course I mean 306 - 647....... no!!!   That is not right either is it?"

"Ummm..... nope it can't be!

"Well - ummm - ok....... he can call me at 306-634-7789"

"7789"

"Did I say 634 or 637???"

"You said 634"

Oh it should have been 637"

"7789 still?"

"Yes!"

"Ok - I will get him to try to call you!  Have a nice day!"

Is it just me or does it seem more than a little strange that A PERSON WHO WORKS AT A BANK had so much trouble keeping numbers straight?????

If I had any kind of money in my accounts, I might be a bit worried.  :)

No comments: