So I am tired tonight.... bagged.... knackered (as some of my friends would say)
How do I know that for sure? Well - I have been sitting here trying to think of something to write and I am almost out. 45 straight days and I am pretty much done - believe it or not.
Oh I could post a copy of one of my favorite "Youtube" songs - about a certain type of doctor (if you do not know what I am referring to - leave a comment - maybe I will send you a link - or maybe I will just post it someday anyway), or I could rant about Ottawa some more, or I could tell some long story about some silly thing.... but you know what? I don't feel like it tonight.
So - as I was sitting here trying to think about what to write - I thought about(in no particular order).......
- The fact that I got a Christmas card from my 90 year old Grandma this week - and was able to call her to thank her for it.
- How nice it is to have a mom who calls me ever week or so just to see how I am doing
- A brother, a sister, a bro-in-law and a sister in law that are beating me in my family hockey pool (why am I thankful for that? Because it will make it even better when I come back and beat them at the end of the year)
- A buddy (Shady Shane) who makes time each week so that I can go to his house, goof off and play video games (Hockey actually) for an hour each week - just for fun!
- A wonderful family - a lovely wife and two great kids - who dragged themselves out into the cold dark night tonight to go buy me some Christmas presents (I am also thankful for the fact that they are likely to be asleep in about 10 minutes and I can go snooping!) ;)
- Some new German friends who are just fun to hang out with and who are teaching me useful words like "egal" (It does not matter) and "unsinn" (Nonsense) - it is fun to run around yelling "Unsinn" once in a while for no reason.
I could go on and on about friends - being with both sides of our family over the coming holidays - the great group of people with whom I have worked for the last 19 years - snow that is falling making it look like Christmas - I could go on and on.
I guess the point that I am trying to make is that even when I think that I have nothing to write about - I have more to be thankful for than I could write about in 948503498690386903806983098 posts on this blog..... and that makes me a little less "knackered" and a lot more happy!
PS. No one has tried to punctuate the songs in the post from two days ago (though a few people have talked to me about them - get your guess in now - answers tomorrow)
No comments:
Post a Comment