Just some thoughts on a Saturday night.....
1. Sari and the kids are over at Katelyn's teacher's place watching a movie. Why do I mention that? Well, since Sari started working at the school, the kids are getting to see teachers in a way completely foreign to me when I was a kid.
When I was a kid, teachers could have been like aliens for all I knew. I mean, I never saw them outside of school. Maybe they didn't actually live in Moose Jaw. Maybe, every day at 4 pm (we had to got to school till 4 - unlike these wimpy kids today who get out at 3:15) the teachers got back into their spaceship and went home (wherever that was). Maybe they lived at the school 24 hours a day (that was the only place I saw them). I don't even think that they had first names (we never knew them anyway).
Now my kids are going to "Melanie's" house - watching movies - eating snacks (SNACKS I TELL YOU) - there is no separation - no intimidation - where is the "other-worldliness" of the "teacher - student relationship"????
Gone - that is where it is!!!!
I think I am going to have to get "Melanie" to give both of the girls detention for no reason - just to balance things out. :)
2. So I went to the hockey game tonight (alone - did I mention that the kids and Sari were at their teacher's house????? They chose hanging out with their teacher over going to the hockey game with their Dad!!! Can you believe that???? I even offered to double their "concession allowance" tonight, but NOOOOOOO!!!! No Shady Shane tonight either - I don't know why he did not show up - maybe he went watching girlie movies over at "Melanie's" too) and I go to buy my ticket. I say "One please" and the teen-age kid asks me "Is that an adult ticket?" So for the second time this season I could have got in as a student apparently (the first time the girl just charged me as a student). I am still a young pup - contrary to what Sari said (see yesterday's post)
3. That #2 thing reminds me a of funny t-shirt saying that I say today (I have seen it before but was reminded today)...... "You are only young once, but immaturity can last forever". I think I am going to put that on my business cards. :)
4. Puctiontion blog answer # 2 - re. Phil Collins "You can't hurry Love" (See post below). I think that this one is pretty simple - it is "You can't hurry love" (Love cannot be rushed). I think it is funny to think that his momma is calling him "love" in the song - like "You can't hurry, Lenny" - but that is not right. It means what it means - check it out for yourself and see if you agree. (It is a fun video to watch one way or the other - I wish I could have a couple of extra of me to sing and dance with - that would be cool!) :)
Tomorrow - the hardest answer of all - the KC and the sunshine band one - check it out too and let me know what you think - two phrases or one? (See blog below for this too and check the link - I have a couple of comments about this video for tomorrow too) :)
3 comments:
Tim, that's funny about the girls with the teacher thing. Brooke is horrified that I'm friends with some of her teachers or that they are my clients from the shop. We had Paul's surprise birthday party on friday night at our friends (aka. vice principal of Pleasantdale) and Brooke constantly says that she doesn't understand why we are friends with these people. She went on to tell me that she bet this teachers house was decorated in Apples & Pencils. HAHAHA! She doesn't understand how we could have "Fun" with a bunch of teachers...
It's pretty cute. I'm glad that Sara is meeting more people from her school and that she's involving your girls as well. Sorry you had to go to the game by yourself and look like a kid that I know deep down inside you is still there.
Have a good week & remember Paul won't be there tomorrow night to kick your but at squash. HAHAHA! Bye
CQ
I think that he is going to Illinois just because he is too scared to stay around and play squash - some guys are will do just about anything so that they don't get beaten, hey? :)
When the boys were in kindergarten, their teacher did a little interview with all the kids. Most of the kids just thought that the teacher lived at school. funny hey!!
Post a Comment