Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Political thought (44 of 33)

I have no illusions that politics will really change things - parties no matter what their ideologies say sort of have their hands tied by the system that is too inefficient to really do anything. Having said that - I do enjoy following what is going on anyway.

So - what did you think of Mr. Harper's and Mr. Dion's speeches tonight?

I hate to say it, but I think Mr. Dion came off looking better (other than the fact that his party could not get his taped message to the TV studios on time - come on! You want to run the country but you can't even meet a TV deadline!!!) Dion was more passionate, more focused and actually said a few new things. As I said, I hate to admit it, but he sounded like he had a good point. There is only one problem......

If - as Mr Dion says - all he wants is a government that works for the people and if he just wants to work together to make this parliament work..... why does he not just work with the government that we already have? Why not cooperate with the Conservatives?

Could it be that if he did that he would not get to be PM? Could it be that this is more about getting rid of Mr Harper than to actually helping the country as he would like us to think? Hmmmmmm?

PS. Let me know what you think - and see the question re. song punctuation from last night

No comments: