"That's the way! I like it" (Two phrases repeating the same idea)
0r....
"That's the way I like it" (One complete statement interrupted by an "Ah huh" or two)
And the answer is.......
I am not sure. The evidence is inconclusive (go watch the video posted in the like below and see for yourself).
1. In favor of the "two separate statements" are the following:
- The title of the song is "That's the way" with "I like it" in brackets - which would seem to indicate that the song is called "That's the way"
- In the lyrics on the official band site - the two phrases have an apostrophe between them most of the time
- The song sounds like it is two statements - the "ah huh" splits them up
2. In favor of the "One whole phrase" camp.....
- Checking the lyrics again, the entire phrase is used - no apostrophe - all one sentence
- The lyrics make more sense when the "one phrase" thing is used. For example: he sings "When you take me by the hand, tell me I'm your loving man" - then it would make sense that he would say "That's the way I like it"
- The title of the song on the lyrics page of the official web site calls it "That's the way I like it" (Right under the "KCSB lyrics page" title)
- At the end of the Youtube video he sings the whole phrase several times
- His biography was entitled "That's the way I like it"
So - if I had a gun to my head I would go with the "one phrase" crowd. Call me crazy, but there it is. :)
Now - the really important news..... KC and the Sunshine Band are touring again - they did lots of dates last year..... who wants to go with me???? I would go - I think it would be fun - but there is one stipulation - you all have to dress like the horn players in the video (or as they appear in this picture)
Why just you and not me????? Well, I am planning the thing so I get to make the rules. :) Who wants to go?????? I know some of you would like to wear the 70's stuff just once. :)PS. On a more real note: we set up our Christmas tree tonight - it went super fast this year - older kids help a lot - it looks nice. Maybe pictures of it and the garage progress tomorrow - or maybe pictures of the Christmas tree in the garage!
No comments:
Post a Comment