Monday, December 15, 2008

The first time ever (56 of 33)

For the first time ever, both of my vehicles are in the garage tonight.

Now you may say, "So what?" Blogging that you have both of your vehicles in a garage is like blogging that you watched the news tonight or that you bought new socks - big deal - who cares?

But I care.

It may sound stupid if you do not know me that well, but because I grew up without a lot of stuff, I appreciate a lot of things that some people take for granted. I know lots of guys who bought houses that had garages..... they neither care nor appreciate the fact that they have one. In fact, some of them never even use them - they are just full of junk. I have literally waited years and years and years to build one - changed oil and worked on vehicles in the snow winter after winter - and tonight is the first night I am really using my new garage - and I appreciate having it.

One other thing that makes it even nicer is that I will always remember Bob, Mel, Skip, John, Margaret, Miles, Adam, Jurgen, Pia, Paul, Shady (not to mention Sari and the kids) who helped me build it (either physically or with advice when I needed it).

So on this cold, windy, -40 degree night, I am thankful for having something as common as a garage. What about you? Can you see your blessings?

No comments: