The girls and I have been to lots of Estevan Bruin hockey games this year. Katie likes the game and Megan likes the snacks! :) (Actually Meggie is more and more interested in the hockey part too now). I enjoy going just b/c I like hockey, it is something to do (support things happening in your home town right?) and it is like a mini-reunion. I see guys from hockey. I talk to a guy who works at the funeral home. I visit with the guy from whom I bought my truck. Living in a small town means that you cannot go anywhere without running into people that you know.
We had an added bonus to tonight's game (several actually). The Bruin's played the top team in the league and almost won (lost in a shootout - really good game). Santa was there which meant that we got gift bags (they were supposed to just be for the kids but it was so cold out that the crowd was small so we all got them). Then, even more odd than seeing Santa at the game, we saw Sari there too. I think it would be fair to say that Sari goes to hockey games just b/c I like to have her go with us once in a while - and it was nice.
So there you go. - 29 (-42 with the wind chill) and we pay to go and sit in a hockey rink for 3 hours - only in Canada! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment