Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Garage Pictures (51 of 33)

I know that all you "Garage Addicts" are waiting, waiting, waiting for pictures - so, tonight is the the night. Hard to do it justice b/c it is a work in progress (ignore the ladders, saws, motorcycle and see it for what it will be).

I decided to put OSB (Oriented Strand Board - just in case you are curious) in there just b/c it is stronger, will not be as affected by the cold if I do not keep the place heated all the time (unlike gyprock which needs heat or it can crack the mud etc) and (as a bonus) it was a little cheaper too.

It is very dark in there right now, but it will be better when it is painted a bright white. One or two more days and this part will be done. Then put up the door openers and get using the thing.

There is also the little matter of waiting for my plumber to come back to put the furnace in - he is MIA at the moment - but we must have done a decent insulating job. When it is -10 out, I can easily get it up to +15 in there with a little space heater - so it has not been bad working out there yet. Anyway - here are the pictures.....

Here is the northwest corner - North wall was the first one done....
South wall......
A little bit of the east wall (easiest and therefore the last one I will do - tough stuff first) and a bit of the ceiling which was done before any of the walls

No comments: