Ok - here are three questions that I need the answers to -they are driving me crazy - please help if you can.
1. In the Christmas song "God rest ye merry Gentlemen" - where does the punctuation go? Is it....
a. "God, rest ye merry Gentlemen" - as in "God.... rest those dudes"
b. "God rest, ye merry Gentlemen" - that would be like "Good luck, you merry dudes"
c. "God rest ye, merry Gentlemen" - "God rest you, happy dudes"
d. "God rest ye merry, Gentlemen" - As in "God give you a happy rest, gentlemen"
2. In the song that Phil Collins (among others) sings - is it.......
a. "You can't hurry, love'" - where "love" is what his momma calls him - as in "You can't hurry, Billy. You just have to wait"
or is it.....
b. "You can't hurry love" - The meaning being that you must wait for love to come along
3. In the old "KC and the Sunshine band" song is it.......
a. "That's the way! I like it!" - Like "Way to go! This is the way I prefer it" - same idea repeated
or is it all one thought....
b. "That's the way I like it" - as in "That is the way I would prefer it to be"
So there you go! I will give you a few days to comment and we will see what you think (By the way, there is a right answer at least for the first one - but don't look it up - vote for all of them first and then go and see if you are right).
Ps. Good luck ever hearing these songs again without these questions coming to mind - you are welcome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment