My brother Lenny....
(Who by the way, is not really Lenny ....I nicknamed him after the mad doctor on the Flintstones .... Len Frankenstone. Len had a friend who kept trying to stop him from doing these bad experiments. The friend would plead, "Len!! Len!!! Don't do it Len!!!!" So naturally when my brother went to do something stupid, that is what I said to him.... and he has been Lenny ever since)
.... and I were having a discussion about holidays the other day. He was saying how much he liked the "Bright Lights/Big city thing and I was saying that, while I did not mind cities, I would much rather go somewhere peaceful and quiet..... preferably on a motorcycle.
Then I get home tonight and look what I find.......
Sara is away for the weekend, but she left behind an Easter present which included a bunch of chocolate and my favourite motorcycle touring magazine. And, if you look at the black lettering on the cover, you will notice that it has a story about about one of the nicest, most peaceful, most beautiful remote places in the world.... that just happens to have great roads for riding!
I am taking this as both a sign and permission.......
So who wants to go???? We can ride out and back...... tent along the way...... get the whole experience..... what can happen???
Just because Lenny and I got blown off the road and into a ditch during a near tornado in North Dakota one year.... and just because I knocked my glasses off my bike seat and then backed over them causing me to have to duct tape and zip tie them together so I could ride for the next 8 days (a true fashion statement that you can see here) ..... and just because whenever we go on bike trips the perfect weather they predicted turns into either 8 days of rain (in BC) or 6 days of 3 degrees Celsius (in Montana)..... and just because we had to hide in the basement of our hotel during the only tornado warning ever issued in Lead, South Dakota...... and just because Lenny was almost out of gas and this lady told us to come to her farm and she would fill our tanks and we thought she might be an ax murderer who was going to kill us and hide our bodies in the field out back (for the record..... she wasn't and she didn't)..... and just because another huge storm ripped my tent and broke all the poles..... and just because that all happened in a span of 7 years and it is just the stuff that I can remember off the top of my head....
What could go wrong???
All the bad stuff is behind me, right????
I think Sara left this book here for a reason. It even has a well marked map for us to follow!!!
Who is in????? :)

1 comment:
would love to ride this trail some day
Post a Comment