We held an impromptu prayer meeting at the church building tonight for a little three year old girl. She and her family is not from our congregation, but several of us either know her parents, or her parents parents, or family or.... Estevan really is a small town.
Anyway, Olivia is quite sick and no one seems to know why. Nothing has worked or turned up any concrete results yet, so some "less that nice" procedures seem to be on the way.
I can't imagine what her parents are going through... it must be terrible... so we did what we could do tonight... we invited people to come to the building and pray.
It turned out to be a really special evening. Some of the family came, some friends showed up, some of our church members were there (some who do not even know the family but just feel for them).... several different churches were represented... several people that Sari and I know from other places in town were there.... it just was a really nice.
I believe that God hears and answers prayer and I believe that we did something good by just getting together and sharing that time. It just felt good and right.
So thanks, Crystal, for arranging things... we need to do more of that.
And - if you are in the habit of prayer - please add Mark, Andrea and Olivia Moroz to your list.
"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" - James 5:16
3 comments:
We have felt carried by prayer before and the support cannot be underestimated. We will pray for your friends too. God bless you all!
Ooohhh...I have goose bumps!!! Sounds like a very beautiful and special evening. Great reminder for us all that prayer brings us not only closer to God, but to each other as well!
Once again Tim, Thankyou so... very much for leading it! I didn't know what to expect, how we were going to do it, but I just knew we NEEDED to PRAY!!! I appreciate you and Sara coming and being supportive that night. I got several other people tell me the next day that they wish they could've come but it was the timing. They were people from all over the community. One in particular said, we as community churches need to embrace eachother more and come together with one common interest at hand, like prayer. I agreed with her. This evening did more then lift Olivia up to our heavenly Father I believe. For that I'm very greatful!
Thanks once again! CQ
Post a Comment