Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No pain... no Paul (12 of 30) :)

So I would write a really long and funny blog tonight (and believe me... it would have been a doozy!!! A real humdinger... probably the best blog I have ever written), but I can't. In fact I can barely type. What happened?

Paul Quilliams flipped out on me!!!!

We were playing squash when all of a sudden Paul yells something like, "Die you little Moose Jaw Punk!" (or something like that) and then he just started hitting me with his racquet. The lady at the front desk saw this (fortunately we were in "Court A" - the closest one to her), so she SCREAMED, "Nooooooo not Tim!!!!!" and went running in a hysterical fit to get help.

Soon three huge guys from the weight room came running, broke right through the glass wall (because there was no time to go through the door) and jumped Paul from behind. He fought with Hulk-like strength, but they finally subdued him.

Anyhoo... it didn't really hurt.... it just looked bad! :)

Ok - the real story may be something closer to Paul wound up to take a backhand shot and I likely did not just him enough room.... he swung hard, followed through and hit my left arm about as hard as I have ever been hit with a racquet (and I used to play against Ian Muirhead!).

So now I have two really red, raised up lines on my arm (they look like those "Branded tattoos" that guys get)... one up by my elbow and one down on my wrist (on from each side of the head of his racquet).

I came home and showed my war wounds to Sari and she made me put ice on them for an hour or more... now I can hardly move my arm or my wrist (that is a true part of this story). I don't think anything is broken in my wrist, but it is really swollen now. I guess we will see how it feels in the morning.

So - it is a good story anyway.... I just don't know who is going to have to pay for the glass wall that the weight lifters ran through. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm that's the real story, LOL! Paul said that he hit you so hard last night he thought he broke your arm. He said from the sounds of it, he should of. Does that mean there is a part of this story you are leaving out??? I never asked him to elaberate but it makes it sounds like you were whining and crying so... hard he thought it must've broke! Is that the way it happened??? LOL
He felt bad. Sorry about your arm. I told Paul he should have stayed home last night instead of going out so it was his fault for not listening to his wife! LOL
Hope it feels better soon.