Sunday, March 06, 2011

A Momentous Occasion (2 of 30)

Today has been a memorable day for two reasons. 1. This is the first time I, Katelyn, have written on this blog. And 2. I went driving for the first time since I got my learners!

On Friday was my fifteenth birthday. It was a really nice day!I had tons of fun with people at school singing to me and thoroughly embarrassing me at the same time, then coming home and having my favorite supper, and finally watching a really cute movie!But by far the most exciting part of the day was when mom took me to SGI and I officially got my learners license!
I was so excited!Mom offered for me to drive home but i have only driven a handful of times before in the country so I didn't want to risk crashing on the way home.

Today after church and singing at Creighton lodge I wanted to go driving. But mom's friend just got back from London and on Saturday invited her to go for coffee and look at pictures from her trip. So I told mom we could drive some other time. Dad and I dropped her off and headed home. Just as we were getting closer to home dad turned to me and asked if I wanted to drive with him. So I did!!!!

We drove all over our half of town and we even drove on the highway a little bit!!!It was really fun!
So everyone watch out and consider yourselves warned!I am officially on the road!!!
Katie

3 comments:

Davis Family said...

Wow!! Great stuff. You'll be a great driver I know it.

Jen Mooney said...

Loved hearing from Katie! Glad she is enjoying this new adventure!

Lenny said...

Congratulations Katie !!!! Next time I come down we will have to take your dad’s truck out for a cruise. In case your dad is to reluctant I will give you an old school Pippus Eastend Driving Leason. Practical stuff like what to when:
• someone tries to car jack you
• tries to remove and sniff your gas cap while you stopped at red light
• approaching the passed out guy in the middle of the street.

Given these may not be skills you will require right away in small town Estevan but you never know :-)