So without getting into a bunch of details... I had a really odd day. People FREAKING OUT over nothing (and I don't mean something sort of insignificant I mean something so tiny it is was a joke!!).
In fact, I have not been sworn at that much in the last 30 years combined... and - just for clarity's sake.... a. It was not a church member swearing at me..... b. The issue really had nothing to do with me.
So I calmly let the person have the fit.... then I calmly (and in the smallest words I could come up with - so that they would maybe understand).... told them they were an idiot. :)
Ya know... you think that maybe people would watch the news and get a bit of perspective on things.....
Has your home been washed away by the 30 foot wave?
Has your family been separated for more than a week while you wonder who is alive and who is not?
Have you completely run out of food and drinking water?
Are you locking yourself in your house hoping that by some miracle the towel at the bottom of your door keeps your house air tight so you don't get radiation poisoning?
If you answered "no" to those questions.... please proceed to the next step:
SHUT UP!!!!!
Now .... if you are facing a real tragedy, please call me. Honestly, I will listen to you with all the sympathy I can muster.... but if you are just going to complain and (literally) lose your mind about nothing.... please refer to the big letters in the two words that make up the previous one line paragraph. Thank you! :)
Ps. If anyone knows where I misplaced my "fun" or my "relaxing" or my "Boy that was great" please give me a call. It seems that they have been lost for the last month or so (I know... ironically... "please refer to the big letters in the two words that make up the previous.....") :)
PPS. As I was typing this, TSN was showing its "Top 10 list" of the day.... today's subject, "Top 10 Andy Roddick meltdowns" (google it - some of it is funny). Really made me want to go play tennis.... or at least smash a racquet and yell at someone ..... it looked like a lot of fun!
PPPS. Megan had a grand time at the big dance tonight.... hopefully a weekend update - but for now she is a sleeping beauty.
2 comments:
Yes Paul told me all about it. That is rediculous! My gut has been telling me for a while that "They" shouldn't be given as much freedoms as they have been allowed in our church as they have been. I don't think that's a non-christian type of attitude but a practical one. After Paul told me, it confirmed all of my thoughts. They have GOT TO GO!!! I hope you speek to the Elders about this. This is not acceptable!!! Sorry you had to be the one to be "dumped on"! CRAZY!!!!!
Crystal Quilliams
Some very good points, written in your usual dramatic blog-writing fashion ;-)
But seriously, yes, what can I complain about when I am currently not in Japan, Libya, or whatever other crisis-ridden, starving, country you can think of!!??
Its all about perspective.
Jenn
Post a Comment