So these are scary days around here..... first Katie is driving and now (tomorrow night) Megan is going to her first school dance!
The fortunate part is that she is going with a bunch of really nice girls from her school (the dance is being held at a different one). The key thing to note there is the fact that there are no boys directly involved yet.
I have said it before and I will say it again: If I could stop time right now I would.... the girls are old enough to do fun stuff with (biking, hiking, camping, etc), they are fun and funny. I enjoy hanging out with them and they are semi-independent (so we do not have to babysit them all the time).... but they are not dating yet.
I know it will not last.... but I think things are sort of perfect right now.
Anyway, I know that she is going to have a great time.... hopefully I can get her to blog about it in the next day or two so you get her perspective of this big event.
As for the "Old" buddy (the "old" is in quotation marks because he is old in the sense that I have known him a long time.... not in the "decrepit" sense of the word).... Wilf Olson wrote to me yesterday and asked what I was doing for lunch today. Since my lunch appointments usually consist of "nothing"... I thought it was safe to say that I was free, so I met him at the Tower (he was down here for a meeting). It was really nice.
I first met Wilf in 1990 when I moved here. In fact, I basically lived at Wilf and Laura's during those first few years. One year he bought his kids a table top hockey game.... rod hockey to some.... and he and I about wore the thing out. Every night before I went home we had to play a best of 5 series on the thing. He and I golfed together and coached hockey together for a couple of seasons. We curled and played hockey together. I goofed around with their boys and teased Melissa all the time (She was about 3 or 4 when I moved here I think). Of course, Laura was fun to visit with too... and graciously put up with all the silliness (including the boys inviting me home for lunch after church one Sunday... when I arrived she asked me what I was doing there - the boys had not checked with her..... but I got to stay and eat anyway).
Now their kids are all grown up.... Melissa is married..... it is just not right (see my comment above about stopping time not working).
Anyway.... we had a really nice visit. It was great! And it is great to have good friends who care about you over a long period of time (We have been fortunate to have many people like that in our lives over the years here). So - I am not sure if Wilf or Laura ever read this thing (I think Jeremy does once in a while).... but maybe someone give them the blog address and tell them to come on by.
It would be too bad to say nice things about them and not have them see it. :)
2 comments:
ha. those were the good old days tim. i think you were coaching kris's hockey team at the time, but i still remember your tie with all the pigs on it in the team photo. and you teaching nic your pig squeal. seems like a ridiculously long time ago. but i have nothing but fond memories of those days as well.
Oh that is funny.... I had forgotten all about the pig squeal. I still have the pig tie though (some things never go out of style). :)
Thanks for commenting Jeremy. Hope things are going well for you.
Post a Comment