Friday, March 25, 2011

Thankfulness (15 of 30)

This is not the deepest or even maybe the most interesting blog... but I am connecting a challenge to it - so please read to the end.

Yesterday I mentioned that the "Western Christian College Chorus" was in town and so we had to billet them into people's homes for the night. That meant that this morning a bunch of us were at the church building dropping these kids off so that they could get back on the bus and carry on.

When the last kid jumped on the bus, Bill said to me, "Well - what are you doing now? Do you want to go for coffee?"

So we asked around - some of the guys had already left - others could not go - but Bill, Dennis, Daryl, Darren and I went to "A and W" and sat there telling stories for the next hour and a half or so (We even included a guy from town who most of us have known for years - he was sitting at another table so he came and joined us).

The point: Thinking back on it.... I like the guys from our church and I am glad to be here. I like that I have buddies of various ages and that they can all get together and laugh about the same stuff. I am glad that I get included in spontaneous things like that all the time. It was just a very little thing, but it made me happy - it was just nice.

So - here is the challenge: Before you leave this page, think of one little nice thing that has happened to you in the last 24 hours - something that you could easily overlook or take for granted, but that you would miss if it was taken away - and be thankful for it. Then - if you are so inclined - hit the comment section below this post and tell me about it (I think it would be interesting reading).

Whether you leave the comment or not, the process of slowing down and thinking about what you have is a good habit to get into, right?

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

My Dad often pops in to see us when he is in town shopping. We never expect him and he doesn't stay long, but we love the surprise! That is pretty special to us.
Thanks for the challenge! God bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on your blog, and in reading through, thought I would tell you - a friend, and sister in Christ, Carol H. phoned earlier today to check up on us, and in the process told me about a new to her (and to me) kind of tea...I wrote it down to try sometime...then about two hours later, I answered the door, to find her with a wee parcel in her hand, a tin of the 'new to me' tea in her hand, delivered with love!