Monday, October 31, 2011

I finally get it (26 of 30)

So for quite a while now... all summer actually.... Sari has been gathering things and putting them in the garage.  First, when we were at my mom's farm she gathered up a big pile of old barn wood.... an old door that used to have 6 panels in it but now only has 4..... and an old iron grate that you would see in the floor of a two story house (you know the ones that were there to allow warm air to rise and heat the 2nd floor).

Then, on Saturday, she happened to find an auction sale and she came home with a great, big, old storm window sort of thing, and old "hope chest" and a leaded glass window.

So I am standing there the other night looking at all this stuff wondering, "What on earth is she thinking???  Like what good is all this stuff?" and then it hit me......

SHE IS BUILDING US A CIRCA 1910 PRAIRIE FARM HOUSE!!!!!!!!

Oh it is going to be sooooo fun!!!!!   Lighting the kerosene lamps..... sitting by the wood burning stove...... listening to the old Gramophone or the wind-up radio..... sleeping under a feather blanket that is so heavy that it almost completely compresses your chest so that you cannot breathe.....  wind blowing in around the window so hard that it moves the curtains.....  chipping the ice off the water bowl in the kitchen in the morning........  IT IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!!

That has to be it, right?????  I have no other idea as to what she could be up to.
_____
I was reading an interview today and the guys says,  "I mean, it is not like......."

The "I mean" count now stands at 1.   (Help me out - you will see/hear it if you look/listen.... report it to this blog when you do..... the goal is 13 by Saturday)
______
T-shirt of the day.....
So true!

No comments: