Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm Back!!!! (5 of 30)

So - this is just a check-in blog - just to catch up and say "hi".  I hope you had a good Thanksgiving long weekend (if you are in Canada).  We had a good time with some good friends - it was nice.

I would write a great big blog tonight, but there are two reasons that I am not.....

1.  I just got home from a meeting and I still have lots to do tonight

2.  I am trying to keep the laundry going (Sari is out tonight so I will advance things and try to get them caught up).

Which reminds me, did I tell you that I "faith healed" the dryer?   Those of you who have read this blog over the years may remember the time that I faith healed the water cooler.  I will look up the actual post about this if anyone is interested - but, literally, I tore the thing apart 5 times and just before I was going to throw it in the back of the truck and haul it to the dump, I told Sari I was going to faith heal it.  I put my hands on it and prayed (With a southern accent)..... "Lord - we love this water cooler and we don't want to spend the money on a new one - so I ask that you heeeallllll this one!".... and I plugged it in and it worked!!!  In fact, that was several years ago and it is still working - I am looking at it right now - come over and see it sometime...... $3 to look at the miracle cooler...... $14 for a cup of water from it (Healing properties may vary - results are subjective - see fine print at the bottom of this post for more disclaimers).

Anywho.... I came home one night and Sari said that the dryer kept stopping - about every 5 minutes or so.  Leave it for a while and it would start again.  I told her that it must be overheating and that would mean......

a. The vent was blocked and it was not moving enough air (cleaned it out - nothing)

b.  The thermostat was shot and it was getting too hot and locking out (check it - seemed fine)

c.  There was something wrong with the motor.... maybe something wrapped around it (we had a string from a hoodie wrap around it once) or maybe it was too dirty and getting hot.

So she and I tore the whole thing apart..... I mean top off - back off - drum out - heating coils out.... everything.  Vacuumed the whole thing out.... put it together..... nothing!   Took it all apart again.... cleaned it out... checked it some more.... back together..... nothing!   Started at 9 pm.... at 12:30 am we went to bed defeated.

The next day I announced that I was going to go downstairs and that I was going to start the dryer because I had feeling that it was going to work.   Went down, started it up and it has been working perfectly for 2 weeks now.  TWO WEEKS!!!!!

What changed?  Why did it work the next day and keep working?  Why is my water cooler still working?  Why did my brother-in-laws old car start after I put my hands on it and fake prayed? (Well - that time I noticed a couple of spark plug wires that were on the wrong plugs - so I changed them - but he was impressed that it looked like I healed it).   The answer:  I don't know! 

All I know is that they work now and I did not have to replace them.... and a couple of good stories to go with them.  :)
___

I said that I would add some pics along the way.... so here are some random shots from the Oregon trip...





Have a good week!  :)

No comments: