Friday, October 21, 2011

Two phrases I will never say, a dream lives and comments to commenters (16 of 30)

I am not a "Foodie".... in fact, I am possibly the furthest thing from one.  I think eating is mostly utilitarian and that is about it.  Oh sure, I have had some good meals... even memorable ones.... but overall eating is about "not starving to death" and that is about it.

So imagine my confusion today when Sari and I were watching this show about Italy and this restaurant owner (explaining how he has become successful) said, "I cook with LOVE" and "I learned to communicate using food".  Wa?

The only way I could communicate using food would be to throw it at you.  :)
____
I was going to use this as a quiz, but instead I have decided to just give you the answer (it is too easy to look up):  The oldest ever NHL rookie was Connie Madigan who made his debut with the St. Louis Blues in January 1973 at the age of 38.  38!!!!

So you know what that means right????  I still have a shot!!! And if I make it I will set a new record too.

Better get my autograph sooner rather than later.
______
My "It is what it is" total is now up to 7 times in three days.  Henry Burris said it 3 times on Thursday, Roberto Luongo said it once yesterday and I heard it 3 more times today.... twice on a show called "Top 10 NASCAR Bonehead Moves" (it was pretty good - you should look for it) and once more on the football game tonight.

I am telling you, it is an epidemic..... if you hear someone say it - write a note in the comments section.... I bet we can hit 20 times by Halloween.
_______
T-shirt of the day....... (you supply the music)


____
And lastly this evening.... a couple of comments to the commenters.....


Well played "Mr. E"... turning my "Quiz game" into a "See if you are smart enough to figure out who I am" game.   Well I am not, ok??!!  :)  So I will need something more.... initials..... a location.... something before I can write the big cheque.


And Jennifer:  Nice observation about the irony about me ranting about the internet on the internet.  The fact is though that internet friends are the only real ones I have and if I can't go over to the neighbour's place and try to get to know them better (as I suggested people should be doing) because they said that they would call the police the next time..... and I am tired of talking to those guys.
___
Ok - that is it.  Have a good Saturday.  Keep commenting.  :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am not sure if you read Nic's blog but he had some pretty smart things to say about food (I thought anyways) http://ballsofrice.wordpress.com/2011/10/16/blog-action-day-2011-food/