Ssssshhhhhh..... can you hear it???? It is the most wonderful time of the week..... if you are a preacher.
You see.... it is Sunday night and Sunday night (especially if "Sunday day" went well) is a good time. You may not know this, but Sunday night for me is like most people's Friday night. You see, right now the day went well.... I thought my classes went well with lot of discussion.... my sermon (which earlier in the week looked like it may go DOA this morning) actually turned out way better than I had thought it would..... and now - at this very moment - I am as FAR away from having to do it again as I can be.
Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but it is hard to be creative and try to write 4 brand new lessons with nothing to guide you except for the text for that week. Add in the fact that I have been here for 21 years and the fact that most people either have heard all my best stories (from my youth) or were there when the other stories happened (b/c they experienced them with me) and it makes it hard to be interesting or even creative week in and week out (That is why I believe in Divine intervention - I have seen it at work - like today - sometimes things just connect with people even when you thought they may flop).
Anyway, right now, it is a long way off once again. Sure the preparation will start again tomorrow morning, but at least I have another seven days to get a run up on it.... and I don't have to start just yet! :)
_____
T-shirt of the day.....
____
It seems that the "It is what it is" count has stalled out at 11. I thought for sure we would reach 20 by Halloween, but I did not hear once sports broadcaster, athlete or anyone else use the phrase all weekend long. You know what that means right?????
WE DID IT!!!!! WE HAVE COMPLETELY ELIMINATED THE USE OF "IT IS WHAT IT IS".... ERADICATED IT..... JUST LIKE CHICKEN POX!!!!" (What do you mean kids still get chicken pox??? Hmmmm - maybe we have not been that successful after all) :(
Well onto the next battle.... in the next week count how many times you hear someone start a sentence with "I mean" as in "I mean.... we ran a good race today. We just did not get the finish we wanted". It REALLY bugs me because those are their first two words. It is not like they have been trying to explain themselves.... failed and then said, "Well..... here is what I mean.....". Instead they just start there..... "I mean, it has been a tough day......" etc.
I heard it twice today. I think (if you listen and write in) we can count 13 used by Saturday..... and "GO!" :)
____
One last thing: the answer to the "top 40" question posed a few posts ago = Adam Levine. He is the lead singer for "Maroon 5" who were on the top of the charts with "Moves like Jagger" and he was also in the number 2 spot doing guest vocals on the "Gym Class Heroes" song "Stereo Hearts" - first guy to hold down both spots since Donnie Osmond like 40 years ago (now you have something interesting to say at coffee tomorrow - or when the song comes on the radio).
Have a great Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment